3/4/08

PINK

"Sugar and spice and all things nice"...plus a lot of PINK. I remember when I was very young everything had to be pink; my clothes, my toys, I think I even preferred pink foods! I made it so easy for my Dad; he knew anything pink would please me. When he would join my Mom and me shopping, all he had to do was run around and find the pink clothes. It was always exactly what I wanted. As I got older, however, pink things didn't hold quite as much value. Dad would still pick out all pink clothes and I had to somehow figure out how to let him down nicely. I think my Mom finally had to explain to him that I was just too old for all things pink.
Today I explained to Jeremy that our daughter will probably want all things pink; but it would be just a phase. The day will come when pink won't cut it anymore. He needs to be prepared for that now.
Today I had to remind myself that although I'm all about boys right now and the thought of having a girl is a bit concerning (and very exciting), I AM A GIRL so this shouldn't be too hard.
Now we must set out to pick the best girl name possible and start thinking PINK. How exciting!! Here are a few more pictures of our little girl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEA!!!! I will make a great Aunt :)

Kim Reed said...

Congratulations again!! How exciting to have a girl thrown in the mix. Eli and Ty will love her pieces and I already fell sorry for any boy that comes knocking on your door to date her:)

Michele & Biran said...

We are sooooo excited to have another niece!!!

Amy said...

Yippee! A GIRL!!! I can already picture baby girl Koch with an adorable PINK dress on at church as her brothers are running around the sanctuary with all the other 'big' kids after the service.
Good luck coming up with the name. I know you guys will pick a great one.